Switch to Dreamhost, and we will move your web site. No kidding.
Vantage Laboratories is a world leader and innovator in the development and leveraging of artificial intelligence and natural language technologies into a broad spectrum of vertical markets and industries. We specialize in providing advanced Software-as-a-Service solutions; we believe our customers should be able to choose top-quality linguistic solutions that meet the challenges of their market and business. Our technology is built on more than 30 years of linguistic research and is integrated with both SaaS and installable products. Vantage’s technologies are deployed in many common products and we own some of the most prevalent technology patents in the country.
We are seeking a well-rounded Sr. Developer to join our company on a full-time permanent basis and contribute to our web technology development efforts while being based out of our development office in New Hope, PA. As part of a small team, you will be responsible for taking on various responsibilities and embracing the Agile development approach in order to help us continue to develop high-quality products by being involved in cross-functional discussions and driving new innovative ideas. You will be exposed to the UI, backend, database, performance tuning, security design, and deployment.
Is writing great software a passion of yours? Do you enjoy working with great people in a team? Do you have something to teach and something to learn? Can you help us deliver an awesome user experience? If so, then we want to speak with you! We want everyone on our team to be well-rounded and continuously learn new things. You, along with the team, will be involved in all aspects of the product that make it successful.
What you’ll do with us:
- Engage with other developers, designers, product managers and quality engineers.
- Work with platform technical leads and architects to promote great software design and quality.
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for our products and processes.
- Develop awesome new features front to back as part of an agile team.
- Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up to make it better.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- 3+ years of JAVA software development experience is required: you must have excellent understanding of J2SE and deep architectural understanding of Java web applications & application servers [advanced educational accomplishments will also be considered].
- Good knowledge in some back-end technologies (i.e. Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, SQL, or others).
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and especially in a team.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies related to search, linguistics applied to search, and Information Retrieval [IR] issues.
- Experience with technologies such as lucene, solr, or other IR technologies.
- Experience with the good and the bad of both successful and failed projects.
- Ability to slice and dice problems and tasks so they can be worked on by others
- Desire and ability to mentor others (interns, rookies, and junior developers).
- Relaxed yet enthusiastic and motivated attitude towards the craft, company, and products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is heavily preferred.
Preferred skills that would be good to have:
- Knowledge of Open Source libraries, tools and frameworks, e.g. for logging, testing, and building.
- Excitement for the latest trends in application design.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like XP and Scrum.
- Interest to learn more about new languages and frameworks.
Things you will benefit from with Vantage:
- It’s all about the people: we have awesome people to work with and you can make it even better!
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (including 401K and tuition reimbursement options).
- Fitness Center Membership & Wellness plan is available.
- Campus-like facilities with direct access to soccer, foosball, basketball, as well as hiking & biking trails.
- Professional advancement opportunities, along with opportunities for internal and external training.
Vantage Labs offers a competitive base salary; company benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, ID Theft Protection, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.; paid training; and professional career advancement opportunities.
Vantage Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Vantage Labs LLC.
#codango #developer #development #coder #coding
We're happy to share this resource that we found. The content displayed on this page is property of it's original author and/or their organization.