In order to understand how JAVA powers the asynchronous e-learning systems, it is important to understand the nature of asynchronous e- learning and the role of JAVA in building it. Typically e-learning can be bifurcated into synchronous and asynchronous e-learning. In synchronous e-learning, students have to schedule a particular time when learners across the boundaries log-in to the virtual classroom and interact with others. Here the students can get updates regarding what’s going on through the whiteboard.
Asynchronous e-learning is absolutely different and more common as it creates self paced and immediate learning experience as per the student demands. Since there is no scheduled format therefore this form of e-learning is more flexible and calls for technology that has the potential for speedy updates and seamless real time information sharing. This kind of e-learning calls for various authoring tools and learning systems that runs on web. This is precisely one of the reasons why developers are evaluating the JAVA development platform.
The beauty of JAVA lies in the fact that it is both a programming language and a programming environment. The object oriented programming enables the creation of applets and applications that leverage the features of a graphic user interface thereby, helping one create learning environments with vector graphics, audio and video files. The Swing and the AWT libraries of JAVA enable the simultaneous presentation of interactive elements such as buttons, labels, and highlighted text fields in a single window.
No wonder why more and more JAVA programmers are etching their career in the domain of e-learning applet development. This automatically has created a demand in the market to hire JAVA developers.
The asynchronous learning comes in two different forms namely the facilitated and the self-paced. In the facilitated one, the instructor is responsible for posting assignments on an assignment board. This followed by online reading or research thereby, allowing the students to discuss online and submit their work through e-mail. In this case of JAVA development, JAVA Server Pages is used for content display logic, software reuse, platform independency, extensibility, and tool support. Apart from this, JSP also enables the server to insert dynamic content. In the case of self-paced learning, JAVA offers certain functional advantages such as:
• Integration with internet pages – JAVA has the flexibility to get integrated with ASP, PHP and HTML pages . As a result, JAVA programmers can create interactive content.
• Handling of network protocols- Programs in JAVA can be easily written for increased accessibility and information sharing thereby, enabling a smooth two way data processing.
• Interoperability across different platforms- Developers have the flexibility of using any operating systems such as UNIX, MS Windows, and MacOS.
• Interaction between facilitators and learners- JAVA’s evolved web environment enables intensive numerical analysis that offers the capability of creating open ended assessments.
• Running applications locally- JAVA has the capability of running applications locally therefore eliminating the process of continuous data transfer from a remotely located server .
From the above discussion, it is quite clear that with JAVA the future of web based development looks promising. This sufficiently explains why development enterprises want to hire JAVA developers for taking their development functions to the next level.
We're happy to share this resource that we found. The content displayed on this page is property of it's original author and/or their organization.